Updated: Sep 4
Everyone loves potatoes; fried potatoes and onions, mashed potatoes, smash
potatoes, baked potatoes you name it we love it. Here is a new twist on potato wedges I think you will enjoy.
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice (from 2 large lemons)
1/3 c. low-sodium chicken broth or stock
1/4 c. olive oil
¼ c. yellow mustard
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
Cracked black pepper, to taste
3 tbsp. fresh oregano leaves, chopped
2 1/2 lb. medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
Lemon and parsley flakes for garnish
1. Preheat to 425˚.
2. Combine the lemon juice, chicken broth or stock, olive oil, salt, garlic, mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper in bottom of 9X13 casserole dish.
3. Toss the potatoes with the mustard-lemon mixture, then lay the wedges flat-side down in the casserole dish. Do not overlap.
4. Add 1 cup of the chicken broth or stock.
5. Bake the potatoes covered on the lower oven rack until they're almost tender and the pan juices are bubbling and mostly absorbed, 30 minutes,
6. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more until the potatoes are browned and the liquid is mostly absorbed.
Spoon liquid over potatoes that are in the dish, broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the tops. Garnish with lemon and parsley flakes. Enjoy!
Recipe created by Sister Loretta Kent of Sister-Sister Gourmet Food and Catering